Stress is unavoidable and inevitable. It is caused by external events that can not be controlled. We feel empowered , confident and secure when we control every aspect of our life. Yet, when we loose control, that is when fear, worry, insecurities, nervousness, anxiety 😓 and other emotional challenges arise. However, that does not mean we are defenseless and need to give up. Importantly, realizing that we have power over our mind🧠 will provide us with inner strength to succeed💪
Our attitude and perception of the world will determine how we handle these stressful situations. Some people mask their stressors and anxiety with humor, while for others it is visually present, emotionally wearing them down. Stress plays a toll on our body, deeply focusing on these thoughts, replaying them like a record and in the moment we don’t realize what is truly happening. Is my mind playing tricks on me? 🤔
I have tried a variety of outlets to handle/avoid stress (i.e. exercise🏋️, writing 📝, cooking etc.). These offered momentary relief, but the root of stress never left, it just dug deeper into my subconscious. Within hours or days I would feel stressed again, typically at a heightened degree than the previous time. I always wondered how I could stop these constant nonsense thoughts from replaying in my mind. Through meditation 🧘 I learned how to handle stress, become more mindful, self aware and understanding.
Think of the moment you were stressed, i.e. stressed about workload, feeling discouraged, unworthy, comparing yourself to others. When you think of that specific stressful moment those thoughts come up. What we do not realize is that these thoughts are pictures 📸 that we have imprinted in our mind. These pictures are fake, meaningless thoughts that we have attachments to based on our perception. We need to empty our mind and follow natures flow.🍃 One feels a sense of relief living in the moment and being responsive to what presently occurs as opposed to fighting the unexpected.
It is easier said than done. However, with the guidance you can succeed and live peacefully. Your mind can finally be clear. 😀
“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” -Chinese Proverb
Let’s learn to live together 💞
Living in mindfulness 🧘allows you to go with the flow🍃.
I have always made decisions on impulse, without thinking and noticed my irrational decision-making lead to serious consequences. I tried to be mindful and make decisions mindfully , but my habits took control over me and I was back to square one. Think about the times you made impulsive decisions and stop to consciously think how you felt after, how others felt and assess the situation. From my personal experience after impulsive purchases that I did not need I felt guilty, upset, and angry due to increased financial debt, yet only providing momentary happiness. Also, I recall as a college student quitting my job without thinking because I did not want to receive an unsatisfactory critique. I was not conscious of the owners feelings and insensitive to how my sudden absence would affect their work. Impulsive decision making stems from our habits, insecurities, lack of confidence and emotional state (e.g. depression). It was difficult for me to stop these negative behaviors, until I learned about meditation. Meditation has been an outlet to help me feel centered, calm, and clear minded 🙏
Some things I learned from meditation:
1. Stress and anxiety are number one triggers in poor decision making. Being mindful and taking decisions mindfully is key to a happy and fulfilled life.
2. Meditation is learning to be consciously aware, focus on the present moment rather than dwelling on the past or imagining the future. “Our brains are wired to think, worry, remember, predict, plan, and regret.” – C. Naumburg Mindfulness asks us to swim with the tide of natures flow in finding our true self.
3. We all live mindlessly, unaware of our judging mind, constantly evaluating and comparing because it is easier to avoid and continue life on ‘autopilot.’ Through meditation I became more consciously aware on how to mindfully problem solve. For example, as opposed to erratic yelling towards siblings I have learned to accept and understand, which has helped form a stronger bond.
4. Being aware of our thoughts, feelings, surrounding environment without judgement allows you to portray these qualities on to others. You will notice a sudden change of perception in life and happiness with in. How we feel and how we carry our life impacts ourselves and others drastically. Let’s work together and make wholesome decisions.
Ultimately, seeing the world as infinite potential and endless possibility is effortless. There is a sense of relief. “Our life is shaped by our mind, for we become what we think.” – Buddha
Below a video provided clarifies mindfulness. ❤️
How to Live in the Moment
Bring in harmony, discover the mind of acceptance
This holiday OME hosted our first-holiday meditation retreat.
With over 100 participants, releasing negative energy and finding positive energy.
Sharing love and support for each other during these times
We enjoyed hearing personal stories Discussion Insightful lectures
Guided meditation on the harmony Laughing meditation Dance fitness exercise Musical performances
We open up a peaceful space for people to share the things they’d like to let go of from the mind
– and enjoyed the second round of guided meditation, to let go and discover the mind of acceptance
FREE Live Online Meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MY7b…
Meditation Stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMk6A…
Teacher Woo Myung Book Readings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEdof…
What is Meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRlOj…
We hope you are enjoying our videos, come back every day for more!
Also visit our website https://www.baysidemeditation.org
To me, there’s nothing better than this meditation. It’s something that everyone should do. Once I found that the problem was in me, I can change.
— Read on www.wisdomswebzine.com/blog/2020/12/17/meditation-taught-me-to-accept-the-world/
The whole world was in silence as it was snowing heavily outside the window,
and we went on a trip into our mind together.
There are people who are on a journey to look back on me,
so the road is not lonely.
There is a freezing snowstorm outside, but our hearts were like warm hearths.